Hyundai Discuss Hyundai EVs here

Ioniq Kona lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Question Kona lemon?

Please note, this is about a Kona not an Ioniq, which is the only prefix option.

I'm curious if anyone else out there is dealing with a Hyundai Kona that is a (potential) lemon and how they handled it.

I purchased my 2019 Kona EV Ultimate new in Aug 2020. It has 8,300 miles on the odometer presently. During its two fast years, it has had the battery replaced twice (the first was due to a recall, the second was an immediate failure) and the AC compressor replaced twice (at least one of those included also replacing the wiring harness and some other components). I've submitted to my state's Office of Consumer Protection for lemon law review and am waiting to hear back.

Regardless of whether or not it qualifies for the lemon law, I'm considering selling it. I'm concerned that these trends could continue beyond the warranty period leaving me with very expensive repairs.

I welcome your perspective.