Question regarding wltp certification of FCEVs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast
Default Question regarding wltp certification of FCEVs

Hello all,

I have a question regarding fuel consumption tests according to the WLTP standard, more specifically I am interested in the WLTP test for hydrogen fuel cell cars, hoping that someone is more familiar with it than I am. There is a lot of information about the test procedure for "normal" plug-in hybrids, usually the cycle is run until the battery is empty (charge depleting). Then the cycle is run again, with the energy coming only from the combustion engine and recuperation (charge sustaining). The corresponding consumptions are then weighted against each other and converted to a representative consumption. However, I find much less information about the procedure for FCEVs. Since in most current vehicles of this type the fuel cell acts as a range extender and charges a battery, these vehicles are technically also serial hybrids. Theoretically, they should be tested similarly to the hybrids with combustion engines...

Maybe someone can help me.

Kind regards