Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Hybrid drivers complete run for mileage mark

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid drivers complete run for mileage mark

Dave,

Why you gotta make us sound like cheap newsies? I told you I'm getting you a screener (that doesnt need to be in quotes) and I mean it, so stop calling me a liar!

Originally Posted by nvirocar
Thanks for all the applause, folks. What really helped make it all so magical was knowing people were following our progress all over the country and world. One definite improvement for the next effort would be better online communication of up to the date status reports, comments from participants, etc... I'm thinking we should have had a dedicated person just handling that end of things. As it was the drivers were also the support crew, and we found ourselves striving to keep up with the various forums we participate in while trying to squeeze in a nap here or there and dealing with an absurdly lousy internet connection.

The HBO special will focus on climate change, and we'll probably end up being just a few minutes of it, but you'd never know that from all the hours of footage they shot. It's supposed to air sometime next spring, and they're supposed to give us a heads up and possibly a "screener" in advance, I'm told. I think that means an advance copy of either the entire special or the part we're in.

Dave Bassage

Old 08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
NVIROCAR
Default Re: Hybrid drivers complete run for mileage mark

Originally Posted by rosiehbo
Dave,

Why you gotta make us sound like cheap newsies? I told you I'm getting you a screener (that doesnt need to be in quotes) and I mean it, so stop calling me a liar!
My apologies, Rosie. In no way did I intend to cast doubt on your professionalism nor your commitment to forward us a screener.

I'm no expert on video production, but assume that it is common to shoot far more footage than you actually use in order to assure a high quality final result. If anything, it would seem to me that your extended time commitment to dedicate a full weekend with four crew members to capture a small component of a much larger final product is proof positive of your dedication to your craft. And I'm sure trying to work with five sleep deprived middle aged guys with little to no prior on-camera experience only added to the challenge.

I put the term screener in quotations because it is not a common term, at least not in my world. You did indeed promise us a screener, and I did not in any way intend to cast doubt on the sincerity of your commitment. My use of the term "supposedly" was not intended to be in any way a cut towards you, but rather acknowledge that with the five of us now once again scattered to the winds and you deeply immersed in all the many tasks involved with completing your work, it would be entirely possible that some unforeseen circumstance could preclude our ability to get that advance screener. That could just as easily be our fault as not. Your reaction to my poorly worded post only reiterates the sincerity of your commitment, and I appreciate that.

Once again, my apologies for any unintended slight. It was a pleasure working with you and the rest of the crew and we look forward to the final result.

Dave Bassage