HCH related issues on my recent Texas trip...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HCH related issues on my recent Texas trip...

Thought I might relay some of the more interesting tidbits from my recent Texas trip to my Family Reunion (don't groan, we actually have FUN at our reunions - this is the 34th year in a row we held it at the same lake.)

1. On the trip from Phoenix AZ to Clyde, TX, almost all of it on Interstate 10/20, I saw three "disguised" cars. I was not quick enough on the draw to get "Spy Pics" of them, but they were cool looking. The first was a duet of cars with big fins and fender blinders in front and back. They were two door sports cars, maybe Mazda, maybe Mitsubishi, I could not tell. They were driving about 4 cars lengths apart, going East, and they were trailed by a green Land Rover with a bunch of spare tires strapped it's the roof. They all had "Georgia Distributor" license plates. The other car was a black 4 door sedan, about the size of a Civic or a Corolla, and it was HEAVILY disguised, with fake panels all the way around it, roof, hood, trunk, fenders, doors too. It was going the opposite way from us, so I only got a fleeting look at it, therefore I have NO IDEA what brand it was. I guess this is the time of year when the companies are doing their testing or something?

2. At my reunion, I had several family members ask me about my HCH. The most interesting was a guy in his late 60s, the father of the wife of a second cousin. He wanted to see the engine and look at the hybrid parts. I admitted to him I had never really studied the engine to find all the hybrid stuff inside, so we cracked it open and gave it a look. I think we found the IMA system attached to the tranny, but I was not certain we located the right components...

3. One other smart aleck old Cuz heard me talking about the high MPG I was getting and piped in "Well, I bet it wouldn't pull my 34-foot trailer !!" I had to agree, but I could tell he made the remark in a fit of jealousy !!

4. This was my second long road trip to Texas in the HCH, and it performed beautifully both times. 2600 miles the first time and about 2100 miles this trip.