'05 Accord Hybrid gas pedal question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default '05 Accord Hybrid gas pedal question

Hello fellow Accord Hybrid owners,

I was wondering if any of you had the same "slack" in the car's gas pedal that mine has (when you first press the pedal, there is a small amount of travel before you can feel it engage the throttle). I brought it to the dealer and they claimed it is supposed to be like that. Just wondering if anybody has a similar situation with their HAH.

Alex

Old 11-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '05 Accord Hybrid gas pedal question

Nope, never have seen that problem. I bet if you can find a service manual it won't be too much of a problem to fix this one. Have you got down on the floor and looked at it.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '05 Accord Hybrid gas pedal question

There's no cable. It's all electric. A potentiometer senses where the pedal is and adjusts the throttle on the engine to match.

So the delay you're feeling may be normal, if you're not used to it. Perhaps the pedal has to travel a certain distance before the potentiometer reacts. I just can't remember exactly how the pedal felt in my own car to know if there's a "slack" area or not.

Or, could be that the potentiometer is out of calibration. You could always try disconnecting the 12V battery to see if it resets/relearns it's values.