HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

Our other car is a BMW on lease. We love it also, but feel that we have elevated above loving the German driving feel more than the eco-conscious-green-driving feel of a high-FE car. Did that make sense?

Anyway, we have a year-and-a-half left on the bimmer lease and I thought that was fine, b/c by then Honda's dedicated small hybrid and the next-gen Prius would probably be out. Lately though, I have felt like the bimmer-lease is a waste of money. We choose the hybrid for most of our driving. We are well under our allowed lease mileage.

I recently checked and the trade-in value is more than the lease buyout.

So, should I consider another HCH-II or wait around for the next greatest thing?

P.S. I am 6'3" and don't fit in the Prius or Fit -- they need telescoping steering wheels.

P.P.S. I'd love to wait for an '08HCHII if it had stability control and a sunroof option.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Great Mileage and Green
Default Re: Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

As an owner of a 1st generation (2004) and now 2nd generation (2007) Honda Civic, I've never once regretted their purchase. I'm not sure a sunroof fits with a car designed for fuel economy, and that's why I bought these cars.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

Unless your BMW has AWD or some other reason why you would keep it I would probably lean twords on selling it.

When I bought my HCHII I got additional discounts on my financing, insurance plus the tax credit. Also gas appears to be creeping back up again

IMO would start saving the $$ now.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:06 AM

That's what we're leaning towards.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Considering a Galaxy Grey.

Anyone getting discounts off MSRP these days?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Pricing

I don't know about right now, but in November I bought my 07 at the 06 price - $600.

I have a feeling that with the recent gas price spike that MSRP+ will be the rule again.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

Originally Posted by noflash

FYI here only, Have you driven the 2007 Toyota Camry yet ? It has the Roof, and a lot more if you want options it has them. Just a thought.

Terry (tiger)

Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 AM

While I like the Camry, it's more $$ and less FE.

I guess I could drive by the lot today for a look though.

I'm going to get a trade-in quote for the bimmer today.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

In the Milwaukee, WI area the HCH II with Nav is going for 22859 and they say dealer invoice is 22867.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

While I like the Camry, it's more $$ and less FE.

I guess I could drive by the lot today for a look though.

I'm going to get a trade-in quote for the bimmer today.
Let me know what you think of the Toyota Camry Hybrid, Don't forget to ask about the {50th Anniv. Camry Hybrid}. They are really nice and "Loaded-Up" with options.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-24-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Considering 2nd HCHII. Should I wait 1.5 years for the next-gen hybrids?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands