HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

at 52k replaced Mastery Cyl. Servo & Adv. Hydraulic Booster

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default at 52k replaced Mastery Cyl. Servo & Adv. Hydraulic Booster

So needless to say I was not happy to go in to my dealership for an oil change, transmission flush, and to investigate a strange duck sound to find out all the items that need replacing.

When braking, I would often get a strange duck sound, and I can not describe it any better for you.

Unfortunately, although there was a service bulletin out about it over a year ago, I was out of my warranty and do not have an extended warranty, which if you guys have any suggestions, that would be great.

My car has about 52,000 miles on it, and so I was really rather shocked to see that parts was going to cost me $2086.00 (Master Cylinder, Servo Unity and Advanced Hydraulic Booster Brake System) then they would add on to that 4 hours of labour.

They sent in a petition to Am. Honda for goodwill service, and Am. Honda granted 40% and the dealership paid taxes so I ended up out of pocket $1517.01

Unfortunately they had to have my car for 2.5 days, resulting in 1 day rental, 6 hours in the shop, and then 1 day loaner... but they eventually got everything up to par.

After this big repair I am nervous about future repairs and I am wondering if anyone else had had to have this whole unit replaced?

Also, if you have an extended warranty, who did you go through?
The dealership is offering me an additional 5yr 60k for $3,096

Old 03-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: at 52k replaced Mastery Cyl. Servo & Adv. Hydraulic Booster

I would not replace those parts! Most HCH2 do this fart thingie. Do you find any problems other that the odd duck sound, if not leave it alone. I change my brake fluid at three years. I have Honda extended warranty so would got to Honda,
Cheers,
Hal

Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

This was actually more than the usually grunt sounds, but a loud rather obnoxious quack.

Once they fixed it, I did notice that my brakes were better and my mpg seems slightly better.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 PM

Mine is barely audible. This has been a issue with 2006 and newer! I am surprised they did not pay in full. I hope they did. If not you may want to talk to someone in Honda head quarters?
Cheers;

Hal

Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hi. The warranty price of $3000+ is too expensive. My EW, purchased new, was $900 for 7 years/120,000/ 0 deductible. Yes its more expensive later on, but your car was in an accident and you are at risk for all kinds of exclusions.

The brake thing is weird.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately Am. Honda would only pay 40% which left me paying over $1,500 on my own.

I too think the 3k on the extended warranty is a little high, especially considering there is still a $100 deductible.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 PM

At least they did help. That is better than nothing. Hopefully it is not a reoccurring problem.
H