SoCal Stealerships or Independent Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default SoCal Stealerships or Independent Mechanic

Hey Guys!

Trying to reach out to this community for either a trustworthy independent mechanic that works on Hybrid GM trucks or an honest Stealership in the Socal LA/SouthBay Area.

I've had my truck in the stealership for 20+ days in and out since May and this dealer is useless. I've been pointing to the Drive Motor Alternator Power Inverter Module since may, due to trouble codes found and 3 months later they finally say it's the inverter.
At this point I've lost trust in the advisor that doesn't send any responses and I can't get an answer from them until day 8 of being in the shop.

Any feed back on your positive experience is appreciated.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: SoCal Stealerships or Independent Mechanic

Originally Posted by Rickz08Yuk
Hey Guys!

Trying to reach out to this community for either a trustworthy independent mechanic that works on Hybrid GM trucks or an honest Stealership in the Socal LA/SouthBay Area.

I've had my truck in the stealership for 20+ days in and out since May and this dealer is useless. I've been pointing to the Drive Motor Alternator Power Inverter Module since may, due to trouble codes found and 3 months later they finally say it's the inverter.
At this point I've lost trust in the advisor that doesn't send any responses and I can't get an answer from them until day 8 of being in the shop.

Any feed back on your positive experience is appreciated.
Once i get my truck back I will provide the name of the stealership for you all to avoid it.

Old 08-19-2023, 03:13 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

I don't know of any and this board is kinda drad for these trucks. I feel like in Cali you could find a independent shop that's used to hybrids. especially prius.

could maybe ask on the more busy prius side of this board, or Google the more active tahoe boards. see if anyone is in socal.

what's it doing, what's the code and back story to what lead you to the inverter? I've not seen a lot or really any threads about them going bad. tons of threads about dealers throwing parts at these trucks but not fixing them.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

can you update us about this car ?

Last edited by chima lecci; 02-15-2024 at 08:54 AM.