Random issues,?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Random issues,?

Key fobs not programing, when i click program it just litterly flashes it dorsnt go to the part where you press the lock n unlock buttons. Also the rear hatch doesnt work if I apply power to the fuse it unlocks by itself... any ideas?

Old 04-13-2023, 12:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Random issues,?

sounds like a short somewhere this could be why the keys are also not programing

Old 04-13-2023, 12:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah its a short somewhere but I can't find it. I've looked everywhere. It's backfeeding circuits and everything n u ripped the entire truck apart

Old 04-13-2023, 06:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

did you check the ground wires under the truck on the chassis could have an open ground wire causing power to funnel via the power locks system

Old 04-16-2023, 08:50 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

something I found odd on my truck when I had a trailer turn signel fuse out, was it sends power thru the relay first and then to the fuse so like power at the fuse was only there when the light was on.. your test light would flash with the turn signal, very odd and never seen it wired like that before. but looking at the diagram, that's just how it's wired.. so I pulled up the lift gate motor and it's the same way, fuse is after the relay. so putting power on the fuse puts power to the motor.

fuse 44 of this diagram.

I'm guessing you need to check for power and ground at the bcm pin 1,3 and input of 13?

Old 04-16-2023, 09:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
something I found odd on my truck when I had a trailer turn signel fuse out, was it sends power thru the relay first and then to the fuse so like power at the fuse was only there when the light was on.. your test light would flash with the turn signal, very odd and never seen it wired like that before. but looking at the diagram, that's just how it's wired.. so I pulled up the lift gate motor and it's the same way, fuse is after the relay. so putting power on the fuse puts power to the motor.

fuse 44 of this diagram.

I'm guessing you need to check for power and ground at the bcm pin 1,3 and input of 13?
yeah my litigate doesn't work. Also my running lights stay on intermediately. Theres also 4 or 5 circits that are getting power somehow. One of them is very low the yest light is dim ill look more and tell u what ones

Old 04-21-2023, 10:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???

fuse 44 of this diagram.

okay so If i apply power at fuse 44 for the liftgate then my liftgate motor releases. with or without pressing the button. its the only way i can actually open the rear hatch is by having someone pull it open when i use a jump wire.... wth do i do here?

Old 04-22-2023, 06:00 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

I can try and see if there's a trouble tree but my first thought was test relay that's before the fuse, if good, back trace to where the bcm is controlling that relay, if there's no output there, these the into it to the bcm from the switch. if you have the switch signal to the bcm, and still no output from the bcm, then you're into bigger problems stuff. but I'd check those inputs and outputs first.

I mean by putting 12v on the fuse you simulated the relay closing and the motor working so you just cut your circuit in half and confirmed that half is working correctly. now you gotta test the control side.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:11 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

looks like a few things can block it from working, anything from the switch being in the off position to the rear glass being popped, it then won't open the hatch. it does say the scan tool can be used to activate the hate too, that would rule our a bcm being bad.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thats for regular tahoes....hybrids dont have hinged glass or power gate as far as i know... my issue is i cant open it whatsoever

Originally Posted by ???
looks like a few things can block it from working, anything from the switch being in the off position to the rear glass being popped, it then won't open the hatch. it does say the scan tool can be used to activate the hate too, that would rule our a bcm being bad.

Quick Reply: Random issues,?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands