Is it possible to steer the haybrid vehicle with engine switched off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is it possible to steer the haybrid vehicle with engine switched off?

Fjungman,

Thanks for clarification

Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: Is it possible to steer the haybrid vehicle with engine switched off?

"I have read a lot about brake issues, where the hybrid doesnt; stop,"
for the last time
THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAS EVER APPEARED IS HERE! ALL OF THE WEB REFERENCES EVENTUALLY RETURN YOU TO HERE...THIS IS A PERFECTLY SAFE CAR AND PERHAPS A COUPLE OF FOLKS HAVE HAD REAL OR MORE LIKELY IMAGINED PROBLEMS. Ill bet they have "problems" with EVERY car they have ever had...its smacks of typical sour grapes to me. maybe they couldn't afford it...maybe they thought it was a magic car that you just get in and it works, im sure they didn't take the time to learn the systems.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jet1
"I have read a lot about brake issues, where the hybrid doesnt; stop,"
for the last time
THE ONLY PLACE THAT HAS EVER APPEARED IS HERE! ALL OF THE WEB REFERENCES EVENTUALLY RETURN YOU TO HERE...THIS IS A PERFECTLY SAFE CAR AND PERHAPS A COUPLE OF FOLKS HAVE HAD REAL OR MORE LIKELY IMAGINED PROBLEMS. Ill bet they have "problems" with EVERY car they have ever had...its smacks of typical sour grapes to me. maybe they couldn't afford it...maybe they thought it was a magic car that you just get in and it works, im sure they didn't take the time to learn the systems.
As you can tell, the "brake issue" irritates the hell out of Jet I am in total agreement with him. There are folks out there that actually look for stuff to ***** about and aren't satisfied no matter what. I'd imagine life must always suck for those types.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Wink Re: Is it possible to steer the haybrid vehicle with engine switched off?

Yes. I agree. There is no law of physics that would cause the brake pedal in the Tahoe Hybrid to be any harder to press if it lost assist than any other power-assisted disc brake car built since 1960. Without assist, it is a un-assisted, quite conventional, hydraulic brake circuit/system. No matter how long a dealer stares at it, it will never repeat the "brake issue", because it does not exist.

I could imagine that a couple of the cars had an issue with the electric assist cutting out, as there is always a chance that any system in any car can fail, especially when new (infant mortality) and a new design. But that is why Chevy designed this thing with hydraulic brakes as a backup and didn't take the easy way out, like Mercedes with their stupid (and I mean that quite literally) brake-by-wire system with no backup system.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks all for you replies.
Jet, I didn't know you we re that sensitive to the brake issue, sorry

Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 AM
FLY NAVY!

no worries...i'm not sensitive but I am a big proponent of the ACTUAL TRUTH. All these things tend to drive those lemmings that refuse to do any work to investigate it. Ther are a lot of used prius out there cause the people who bought them didnt do their homework and bought it thinking it was a magic car too. The best example of this is the "SMART" car. I was in europe when that was first released. In downtown London its nothing less than brilliant, but anywhere else it is pretty worthless. Where I live it typically gets less MPG than my Yukon. yes this is a fact cause I had a friend buy one (and sell it) in the west we tend to have long distances to travel and don't see the typical under 30 stop and go traffic. You actually have to drive the smart car so hard to keep up, it becomes an underpowered over rated gas guzzler.

Last edited by jet1; 07-24-2009 at 08:55 AM.