No crank/No start. Dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 07:45 PM
Apprentice mechanic
Default Re: No crank/No start. Dead battery

Ok, so I have exactly the same problem.
I have a tech 2 tool and have no comms with TDM i changed the key tumbler and TDM with no change i ran the jump assist function to charge hybrid pack, no change.
Now the initial issue was, electrical shorts and bad connections done by some 2 yearold who decided they knew how to install a aftermarket car starter/security system. I found about 20 different poor connections done by peeling back insulation without cutting the wire and wrapping wire around the other one then taping it with ducktape. 3 shorts to ground on my engine harness, it was a huge mess. At that stage I had no comms to 70% of the modules. So I ripped everything out repaired the wiring via soldier and heat shrinks. Now all my electrical problems are gone but my antitheft light is on and it won't start. like the author... key fob doesn't work, door unlock button doesn't work, and lights and alarm are going off. tried every technique, tried erasing all dtc, changed the battery on the FOB, nothing is working for me. only thing I can come up with now is the ECM is toast. anyone have any advice on prooving a bad ecm. its worth mentioning that I do have 60ohms on 4,16 pins

Old 05-14-2023, 08:56 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No crank/No start. Dead battery

I was messing around with the tech 2 and saw not only the accident to rest but also a theft to reset. I don't remember now what it was under but dig around and you might find that was set by all the wires?