Hybrid problems new silverado 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid problems new silverado 2009

Forgive me for implying anything here delasierradh but it seems very strange that a brand new delivered vehicle would be put into service without all the manuals and also without the dealer prepping the vehicle for delivery...especially if they knew it was being exported. Now that you mention that the rear door damage, it sounds very suspicious. Could you explain this a little more?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default well...

Originally Posted by kklein
Jet 1 does the 10min remote start help at all on the warm up issue. All my drives are long so I have not experienced this except the decrease in MPG during the cold weather. At the start of fall/winter we are used to always using the remote start.
I have tried it both ways and there is little difference. Since I bought this thing to be globally responsible I'm not sure if letting it idle for 10 minutes is really the most responsible action, but i'm still experimenting.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Default Re: well...

Originally Posted by jet1
I have tried it both ways and there is little difference. Since I bought this thing to be globally responsible I'm not sure if letting it idle for 10 minutes is really the most responsible action, but i'm still experimenting.

I am using premium mobil 1 extended performance 5W/30 and would try to drive it slowly until the coolant temp reaches >170. with that driving, I'm seeing >7k intervals from my maintenance minder.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's so cold here that the remote start is not an option, I agree though with the comment about being environmentally freindly.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txav8r
Forgive me for implying anything here delasierradh but it seems very strange that a brand new delivered vehicle would be put into service without all the manuals and also without the dealer prepping the vehicle for delivery...especially if they knew it was being exported. Now that you mention that the rear door damage, it sounds very suspicious. Could you explain this a little more?

No problem Mel, I only had a small window of time to fly out of state and look at the vehicle briefly. It was a good deal (33k). They agreed to "promptly" deliver the Silverado for free. By the time the truck got to New York I had already left for a film shoot overseas. The car was left in a garage until it was picked up by the international carrier.

Either way, I really don't mind the door so much, after all I can just purchase the parts. But the P0AC4 and the hybrid system not working is what really worries me. Just imagine having a hybrid without hybrid properties.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 PM

Will a POAC4 fault completely shutdown the Hybrid System? Something about llumination? Does someone know what this fault really means?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good point, Mel, about the truck being in South America now. The evap code wouldn't affect hybrid operation anyway.

P0AC4 is an ECM code saying the Hybrid controller requests the MIL on. The engine controls the MIL, the other controllers have to ask the ECM. Which means there should be another code along with it. If the TCM had a MIL code, the ECM would set a P0700. That's why Hillbilly said there has to be a reason for the P0AC4. That's also why this statement doesn't sound right to me:
"They erased everything and only "P0AC4" came back"
P0AC4 doesn't set on its own.

Last edited by KC135R; 02-03-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo, extra comment
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 PM

KC135R,
Thanks for the information, makes sense now.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks KC,
This is all quite informative. I'll now ask for it to be scanned again to see if there is anything recurrent along with the P0AC4 <or better said, its cause>.
But also, I seem to remember something about their scanner not having a card for 2009 Hybrid Silverado-only 2008. Like I said, they are just being trained here in Quito.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 AM

If the dealer has a high speed internet connection they can and should update their Tech 2 scanner. Then they can find out from the hybrid controller why it is telling the engine controller to set the P0AC4.

Quick Reply: Hybrid problems new silverado 2009

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands