Hybrid Decals/emblems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Decals/emblems

I like a simple look (and ease of cleaning) so I took off all the Hybrid decals on my Tahoe. I also took off all the "Tahoe" emblems and removed the "Two-mode" emblems. The Chevy symbol on the rear hatch handle I removed, but had to replace as there are 2 holes and an indent behind it and I didn't want to fill and paint. However, I was told not to remove the green H hybrid symbols as these are needed for identification by emergency crews (notifying them of high-voltage batteries aboard). I plan to leave the ones on the pillars and rear hatch, but would like to remove the two on the front fenders. Anybody do this?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Decals/emblems

I only took the big HYBRID stickers off the sides and the 'ybrid' stickers off the windows, leaving the stylized H. I left all the standard Chevy chrome and 2-mode / H emblems.

I also took the dealer badge off, but I always do that.

It is a cleaner look, but still clearly marked as a Hybrid. I still need to add my Texas Tech double T emblem.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tijbbari
I only took the big HYBRID stickers off the sides and the 'ybrid' stickers off the windows, leaving the stylized H. I left all the standard Chevy chrome and 2-mode / H emblems.
Did the same.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've been in a multiple rollover accident (landing on the roof) in an Escape hybrid that I removed all of the 'Hybrid' badges from. No issues with the fire crew at the scene. Unless someone actually documents incidents where crashed hybrids cause an electrical shock problem, I'd feel free to shave away. All crashed cars can have electronic circuits, flammable fuels, exploding batteries, etc and if the emergency responder is competent, they will take necessary precautions.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Hybrid Decals/emblems

I removed our decals too, just looks much better without them. I think GM went a little overboard with all the badging. Prior to removing the decals it was noted in 9 different places, we are now down to 5 with the two badges on each side and one on the back. This is sufficient to let everyone know that it is Hybrid.

There is now a TSB to get them removed by the dealer if you are uncomfortable removing them yourself. Take it from it me getting rid of the ones that are like 5 feet across the bottom gives it a much cleaner look!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast

I told the dealer to remove the side and rear stickers or I would not buy it. They did.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Of course they did.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just removed the glass stickers - the trick in 40*F weather is not use too much hairdryer! I used goo remover afterwards and then clean that off with straight anti- bacterial soap and warm water.

I kinda like the side stickers on a white truck but the green 'H' emblems are a little excessive and I may take the rear quarter panel greenies off at a later date. YMMV.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast

New owner --in very cold Michigan. Any hints regarding how to easily remove the side decals? Wait till it warms up?
Also when starting in cold the engine roars to 1800RPM momentarily (1/3 second) then backs down to 700 RPM. Sounds like a diesel for a millisecond. Dealer didn't know if problem. Is this normal?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast

Hmm..Are you seeing bluesmoke or a check engine light come on as well? If yes, see the posts by Nicka in the " New owner...A few questions" thread. Otherwise, it sounds fairly normal to me. What grade fuel are you using?
Regarding the decals...it is FAR easier to do on a hot day. A hairdryer helps, as does fingertips and some goo-off for residue.

Last edited by willywaxer; 01-15-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Decals/emblems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands