HELP! No crank after engine swap.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 08:54 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HELP! No crank after engine swap.

doesn't look good.

ones broken off and some corrosion?

Old 10-09-2022, 11:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
doesn't look good.

ones broken off and some corrosion?
100% correct. I have another just no way to flssh

Old 10-10-2022, 06:31 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

that's a hard one.. you might have to call around to find a shop that can do it or deal with the dealership.

only other way I know to do it yourself cheaply is like in that long thread above. go back a few pages and it looks like a clone MDI2 plus some software will allow you to pay for access to gm to download and flash stuff. but the learning curve is pretty big.

hptuners will let you change vin and turn off vats in ecm's for when using them in different vehicles. but I'm not sure there's enough support for these trucks to allow it, so it might be a waste of money if it didn't work. if you knew someone with hp that would let you try it. since it's an ecm only used in these trucks, it probably already has the correct program in it, just would need the vin number and vats to match? but that's just a guess and either way you'd have to waste 2 credits to try it.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
that's a hard one.. you might have to call around to find a shop that can do it or deal with the dealership.

only other way I know to do it yourself cheaply is like in that long thread above. go back a few pages and it looks like a clone MDI2 plus some software will allow you to pay for access to gm to download and flash stuff. but the learning curve is pretty big.

hptuners will let you change vin and turn off vats in ecm's for when using them in different vehicles. but I'm not sure there's enough support for these trucks to allow it, so it might be a waste of money if it didn't work. if you knew someone with hp that would let you try it. since it's an ecm only used in these trucks, it probably already has the correct program in it, just would need the vin number and vats to match? but that's just a guess and either way you'd have to waste 2 credits to try it.
sounds easier just to bite the bullet abd find a company to send me one.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:54 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
sounds easier just to bite the bullet abd find a company to send me one.

I didn't think about sending them out. maybe check with these guys and maybe you can ship the good one you have to them. I know they will turn the afm stuff off in the code for you and mail it back. maybe they will know what's needed to get your good ecm setup for you?

https://www.pcmforless.com/

Old 10-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
I didn't think about sending them out. maybe check with these guys and maybe you can ship the good one you have to them. I know they will turn the afm stuff off in the code for you and mail it back. maybe they will know what's needed to get your good ecm setup for you?

https://www.pcmforless.com/
well this one is broken so sending it in would be pointless. I have another that came with the new motor. I believe the part numbers are the same I'll check. they were the same year and everything

Old 10-10-2022, 05:05 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

yeah, I was thinking you'd send the backup ecm to them.

that pin can probably be repaired as well by someone good at reworking circuit boards.

I've not used this place but something like this I'd think could replace the pin.

https://siaelec.com/product-category...repair-return/