GM proceedure for dealing with recurring issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: GM proceedure for dealing with recurring issues?

to all those listening.. GM has determined theres nothing wrong with our vehicle and has informed me that i need to come pick it up.... the trouble shooting they did.. (driving it around for 5 days) has concluded the vehicle has nothing wrong with it.

so now i need to go pick up my vehicle... the same one that has quit on me and my family on two seperate occasions.

the lady at GM (JANE) who i just spoke with said they cant find anything anywhere in any of their magical computer systems that shows this year an model having any "known" issues related to the problems that I experianced with it.

unfortunatly i feel i am now stuck with an unsafe vehicle that GM has washed their hands of.

When told jane that she is giving me an unsafe vehicle back she said "no sir, curently theres nothing wrong with the vehicle." and my reply to her was "No, ya'll cant find whats wrong with it so im getting the same unsafe vehicle back." an she said well if you want to put it that way.

I asked if there was anyone else i could talk to about it an she said she was the highest level of customer service GM has...

WHAT TO DO???

Old 08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear there's no resolution.

At the very least - I'd try to get a pre-escalated response for when this happens again. If you have to go back to the same dealer and start from the same - not wanting to look at the issue - response, you won't make much headway. I'd see if you can at least get GM to agree that any future occurrence gets and immediate call to GM engineering - even before the dealer tech touches the vehicle.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Administrator

I am a member of another gm forum that has a cadillac rep. maybe I can have her join this forum too.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

lots of updating... since my last post.. "someone" from in this thread has a contact at GM an has furthered the issue to them. The day after i picked the vehicle up they called me an asked me to bring it back in they had a few more things to try... i asked then why all the sudden they wanted to try something else an the sevice manager said... "prob cus of what u been writing on the internet." so to the person that pushed this forward THANK YOU!

now the update on the vehicle....

yesterday after noon i had a call from the regional rep that said they were trying everything they knew to figure out what was going on with the vehicle. he said they would keep trying and have involved several engineers at GM.

This morning i got a call from the service manager that said he had good news for me. apparently he has had one of the Techs driving the vehicle back an forth from home to work everyday (about 700 miles so far) and yesterday after he left work he was merging on the interstate and... THE VEHICLE SHUT OFF ON HIM!!!! imagine that.

so it was towed to the dealer where they got some codes and said there was a good possibility there was a wire grounding out. (something i told them about, that i learned from this thread, but was ignored when i told the dealer) he said if this is the problem they will prob have to drop the transmission to get to it and that only the 2008 model year had the wires runing over the xmission, the years after they changed it. he also said there are only 4 other known cases of this happening.

Hopefully this solves the problem.. i dont think its possible to express how i felt when he said it shut off on someone else. up till this point i felt like no one believed me and since the dealer could not find any codes on the computer it was almost like they thought i was making it up. Im sure thats not the case...?

anyway more to come. Im sure

Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Great News Adam,
Please keep us posted

Thanks
Guss

Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Enthusiast

its been a little while since my last post so ill bring everyone up to speed.. after keeping the car for 6 weeks, and putting over 1,000 miles on it the engineer and tech found a loose wire on the trany that was coming out of the wiring harness and grounding out? somehow. after all the times i took it back and they told me nothing was wrong with it we have decided to no longer own this vehicle.

while ours was in the shop we looked at some of the end of year rebates and decided to buy a new GMC Sierra. plus the fact that when the service manager (Bill) found out that we were going to get rid of the vehicle due to the issues we have had he personally called GM and had them send us an additional $2,500 of GM Cash to use on our next vehicle purchase. with all the rebates and GM $$ we ended up with $9,750 off invoice of a 2011 GMC Sierra. Hard to pass up.

we have officially left the Hybrid side... not saying we won’t come back but as for right now we have had our fill of Hybrid Drive Technology. Thanks for everyone’s Help an support during our ordeal.