Escalade Hybrid P0AC4 Dallas Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 03:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escalade Hybrid P0AC4 Dallas Texas

Do a little research on this site and you will come to the following conclusions:

1) is the only long term solution that ensures you're not p!ssing your money away.
2) is not possible. 38 of your 40 modules will have only a tiny fraction of their rated capacity and can't be reconditioned. 1 will be about 30-50% and one will be 50-70%. Furthermore, that local resource is likely not competent. He has made at least 3 incorrect statements or made false claims. He will take your money, and you will be trying to find his number again in a few months. Or you're going to be outraged when he tells you that you need 38 modules, and it's going to cost you over $2K - that's only if he's honest and using quality modules.
3) See #2
4) See #2
5) The amount of deterioration can be astounding. You could easily spend a lot of money on a part with only 20-25% of its life remaining, and you would have no way to confirm it. I've had multiple vehicles at the 100K mark with massive permanent damage across almost the entire pack, and these are vehicles with much better overall battery management/performance than the GM hybrids.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Do a little research on this site and you will come to the following conclusions:

1) is the only long term solution that ensures you're not p!ssing your money away.
2) is not possible. 38 of your 40 modules will have only a tiny fraction of their rated capacity and can't be reconditioned. 1 will be about 30-50% and one will be 50-70%. Furthermore, that local resource is likely not competent. He has made at least 3 incorrect statements or made false claims. He will take your money, and you will be trying to find his number again in a few months. Or you're going to be outraged when he tells you that you need 38 modules, and it's going to cost you over $2K - that's only if he's honest and using quality modules.
3) See #2
4) See #2
5) The amount of deterioration can be astounding. You could easily spend a lot of money on a part with only 20-25% of its life remaining, and you would have no way to confirm it. I've had multiple vehicles at the 100K mark with massive permanent damage across almost the entire pack, and these are vehicles with much better overall battery management/performance than the GM hybrids.
Thanks again. New battery it is.

It seems that the current GM battery part number is 84141586. Are you aware of any members that have sourced one in a reasonable amount of time? I’m concerned that the current battery may leave me stranded pretty soon.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It seems that most are initially told that they will have to wait weeks/months, but then batteries become available in a much more reasonable time frame.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

According to the Hybrid CEL codes user manual the 2ML70 Transmission Output Shaft Speed Sensor is broken or bad or vehicle speed sensor

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/gmspo/mode6/p...iagnostics.pdf

just hit control F then type in the code you have for full details

I have sourced NEW GENUINE GM hybrid batteries module
that can be ordered for at slightly above COST price (cost price is)$2900 +core +tax.
you save 1,000$ anyways
(they are able to move a lot of inventory that way that means when they order they get the parts faster)

it's only local pick up at a dealership I can't publicly post that dealer that but it's kinda of a road trip for you though..
he said they can have it in right away...must be pre-ordered/prepaid though. since it's a special order item.

I recommend that you let the dealer install it so they can still make some money off the deal (remember one hand washes the other hand)

7 things can cause that code

did you get the code at low speed of 7 mph or less?

check the
MAP sensor make sure it's changing up and down with a live OBD2 reader
that sensor will effect the hybrid system significantly... As it did for me

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 08-03-2019 at 06:04 AM.