ecm swap help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:58 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ecm swap help!!

wow that's a mess. i wouldn't know where to start.

the crank Relearn makes sense with the new ecm. scanner can do that just gotta get it to run long enough.

the theft shut down fuel pump, do these have chips in the key? maybe the keys need programed to the truck after updating the modules? no clue just a guess. there's a thread somewhere of a tech in another country where they lost the key, the only dealer is 200 miles away. someone local replaced the key, but only programed one part, it error somehow and would only start by using the key fob but die as soon as he put the key in it. no clue if they fixed it. but someone said they needed to learn the key? that's all that comes to mind.

the aux pump feed back is definitely going to need to be fixed. either its wiring, or the pump isn't running to get the feed back. either way it will kill the tranny without line pressure, so that's probably a big deal.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
wow that's a mess. i wouldn't know where to start.

the crank Relearn makes sense with the new ecm. scanner can do that just gotta get it to run long enough.

the theft shut down fuel pump, do these have chips in the key? maybe the keys need programed to the truck after updating the modules? no clue just a guess. there's a thread somewhere of a tech in another country where they lost the key, the only dealer is 200 miles away. someone local replaced the key, but only programed one part, it error somehow and would only start by using the key fob but die as soon as he put the key in it. no clue if they fixed it. but someone said they needed to learn the key? that's all that comes to mind.

the aux pump feed back is definitely going to need to be fixed. either its wiring, or the pump isn't running to get the feed back. either way it will kill the tranny without line pressure, so that's probably a big deal.
I Relearned the keys already. . and replaced the aux pump. same issue. lol

Old 10-16-2022, 08:09 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
I Relearned the keys already. . and replaced the aux pump. same issue. lol

you've probably seen this already then.

https://autoservicecosts.com/obd2-codes/p1631/

you're in deeper than I've dealt with. I can try and look up the wiring diagram for the aux pump tomorrow, but you've probably already tried that.

You can conduct a security relearn procedure yourself by doing the following: Insert key and try to start the vehicle, leave the key in On position. For some vehicles, both the battery and security lights may remain on. Leave the ignition on until the security lights go off. This may take about 5 minutes. After the security light goes off, turn the ignition to the Off position, then leave it for 20 seconds. Try to start the vehicle again and leave the key in the On position. For some vehicles, the battery and security light may blink for several seconds before shutting off. The security light will remain in On. Leave the ignition on until the security light goes off. This may take about 5 minutes. Then, turn the position into Off position for about 20 seconds. Next, try to start the vehicle again, leave the key in On position. For some vehicles, both the battery and security light will blink for a few seconds before shutting off. The security light will remain on. Leave this on until the light goes. Again, wait for about 5 minutes. After completing this procedure (3 times), your vehicle will start on your fourth attempt.that some vehicles will have a different re-learn sequence. You may notice the security light, battery light, and abs light will alternate. After the security light is left out of sequence, that’s considered 1 step. Repeat the procedure two (or even more) times. The vehicle usually starts on the fourth try. Also, it is important that you thoroughly inspect the circuitry which may be possibly causing the intermittent problem. Use the Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in the Diagnostics Aid of your vehicle. And if necessary, refer to Wiring Repairs or Connector Repairs in Diagnostic Aid

I have no faith in that working lol

Last edited by ???; 10-16-2022 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:34 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

here's what my stuff says for that p1631

Old 10-16-2022, 08:55 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

there's a ton of stuff about the aux code but it. seems it only keeps it from going into auto stop, which is the least of your worries at this point lol at this point I'm guessing the fuel code is what's keeping it from running.

Old 10-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

replaced the battery snd it helped a bunch. still have these errors. seems to be something with this aux pump. I've swapped pumps and same issues. atleast the truck starts stays running now

also can't get crankshaft sensor to learn

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10083106-5448.pdf (138.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-19-2022, 09:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Faulty AUX pump power supply# 24261817 check pins for damage, melting or corrosion..

the surge or stalls are caused by the AUX pump Controller Date Code of 089-11-XXXX older (Julian Date Calendar 089-11 =March 30th 2011 date code decoder) ones have the issue
What is Today's Julian Date? (thereadystore.com)
MC-10154554-9999.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

this is a common issue mine has also failed, Stalls out with P0c2b with the A/C system on from autostop resume....

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 10-19-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
Faulty AUX pump power supply# 24261817

the surge or stalls are caused by the AUX pump Controller Date Code of 089-11-XXXX older ones have the issue

MC-10154554-9999.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

this is a common issue mine has also failed Stalls out with P0c2b with the A/C system on from autostop resume

so when I swapped motors i left the ac unit and used that aux pump. So I decided maybe the ac unit was toast from sitting in the elements. decided to bite the bullet and go back to the aux pump and ac unit that were originally in the truck.

Old 10-20-2022, 11:57 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

so it's running and driving now?

Old 10-20-2022, 03:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
so it's running and driving now?

good time for a update...

After swapping the Ac unit back to the original one that was on my truck (the one on replacement motor was bad) I have regained powersteering. however, the abs/brake lights are on as well as service trac system. the aux pump isn't working (it did work prior to motor swap) I tested the harness prior to the module and I got power on one pin going to the module. nothing going to the pump.

Quick Reply: ecm swap help!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands