Can you shut-off your lights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Question Can you shut-off your lights?

I noticed, and am quite annoyed by, the headlights on the Tahoe. If the DRLs are on and the Tahoe decides it is dark enough (like under a bridge) to turn on the main headlights, you cannot shut them all the way off. Try it. See if you get the same results.
I find that rotating the switch counter-clockwise shuts off the actual headlamps. I think the parking lamps are still on, and the dash lights stay in "night mode" (lit and dimmed). I can use the dimmer-**** to turn them "full bright", but I learned from flight lessons to keep the bulbs dimmed at night, so when it turns on, I can't see the radio display (or backup camera display).

Is this still the case on '09s? Is there a TSB on this? Is there a simple fix I'm missing?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default mine shut off

Originally Posted by fjungman
I noticed, and am quite annoyed by, the headlights on the Tahoe. If the DRLs are on and the Tahoe decides it is dark enough (like under a bridge) to turn on the main headlights, you cannot shut them all the way off. Try it. See if you get the same results.
I find that rotating the switch counter-clockwise shuts off the actual headlamps. I think the parking lamps are still on, and the dash lights stay in "night mode" (lit and dimmed). I can use the dimmer-**** to turn them "full bright", but I learned from flight lessons to keep the bulbs dimmed at night, so when it turns on, I can't see the radio display (or backup camera display).

Is this still the case on '09s? Is there a TSB on this? Is there a simple fix I'm missing?
I have noticed that they come on when you shift into drive and reverse, so I shut them off after I am moving forward