Old 01-04-2023, 09:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery needs Replacement

Did you ever post the file?

Old 01-14-2023, 01:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotttheengineer
I just had mine replaced by Green Bean $2780 w/tax I run the Torque APP and charge/discharge across the packs is perfect. Dude came to my work and installed it in the parking lot. Took about 1 hour including test drive.
yeah it's more for the unlimited warranty now with them..

my engine doesn't even start anymore with the key, the that is how bad it is.. (it will try for like a fraction of second but not start)

I can remote start it still though.... fires right up each time without issue.. Low Power output... the 0-60 is 1min and 20 seconds

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 01-14-2023 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:06 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Did you ever post the file?

I really wish he would. I'd love to see what the cell voltage log looks like during this.

Old 01-14-2023, 05:18 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
yeah it's more for the unlimited warranty now with them..

my engine doesn't even start anymore with the key, the that is how bad it is.. (it will try for like a fraction of second but not start)

I can remote start it still though.... fires right up each time without issue.. Low Power output... the 0-60 is 1min and 20 seconds

in my research the warranty is all but useless as they won't touch it until a obd2 code is thrown for the battery, in a prius this works, as you're seeing in the gm it doesn't. since the truck has been driving badly for years and still don't code. at this point you probably have a few cells that are physically damaged at this point. double check how their warranty works. if they will load test the battery, or even log the data while driving that might be worth it. if they need a service engine light. you'll be dealing with a dead battery again for a while before you can get them to accept it.

just out of curiosity if you can see the state of charge data, pop the hood and rev the engine while in park to about 1500 and see if the state of charge comes up to. 70, then I believe you turn it off and pull the 12v battery cable for a while and it resets that 60% level in the computer. at least that's how I understand the tsb that's put.

probably won't help but might be interesting