09 escalade. no crank, no start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 06:44 PM
Apprentice mechanic
Default 09 escalade. no crank, no start.

Hey friends i need some help here.
so ive spent the last couple weeks of my time off throwing parts and chasing wires on my 2mode escalade, and I can't figure this out for the life of me. So the problem initially started with a intermittant and spurattic instrument cluster failure, all the lights would flash, or all the guages would die. then the problem went away, untill a long 14 hour trip. on the way back, it started shuttering at low speeds and just running real shitty like. Once we got it home and shut it off, it never started again. So I have a tech 2 scanner and ive tried the jump assist, there was no crash detection DTC. so here's where it gets messy.... once I dove into the wiring i found that some m**f**r installed a car alarm and remote starter, but when he spliced the wires what he did was he peeled back the insulation and wrapped the wire around the uncut conductor then sealed it up with electrical tape, not even a lick of soldier. so I changed the harness for the steering column changed the ignition and the theft deturant module, but that didn't work. now the other major symptom I have is intermittant low speed comms loss between different modules, but it's constantly changing. 1 day I'll have 13 dead modules, next day they all work, next day all work but the traction battery control module, or the TCM... my guess at this point is the hybrid battery (which tech 2 shows is at 59% SOC and over 300volts) and traction battery control module are just totaly shot possibly along with the ECU oh also another new random code that the high voltage interlock circuit is open which I followed the procedures to diagnose and can't locate a fault or an open circuit at the sight covers or isolation switch. can I get a lifeline here maybe someone could throw me a bone lol thanks in advance

Old 06-17-2023, 07:15 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 09 escalade. no crank, no start.

sounds more like a can issue than modules died to me.

hang on, I hate troubleshooting can but I found a good YouTube video on it once. let me see if I can find it.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:24 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

I don't know what scanner he is using but I don't know if the tech 2 can graph the can bus traffic like his. that seems useful.

you may also try over here these guys might know more about can based stuff. not hybrids but I have a feeling you're not dealing with hybrid failure as much as it's just a side effects of the hybrid stuff not being about to complete its safety startup before of the comms issue

​​​​​​https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/cate...lade-models.3/

Old 07-18-2023, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's a nice video !

Last edited by chima lecci; 07-18-2023 at 04:58 PM.