Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Originally Posted by Rupert B. Puppenstein
Just out of curiousity...how much of a deposit did you leave to order your FFH? I have never had to pay a deposit before, but I would imagine given the circumstances that all dealers are asking for one. Just finalizing everything before we order ours from the dealer. It is very difficult deciding on a color. Not that there are that many options...
I put down $500 as good faith. The dealer said that if I walked, I would not face any charges. When I picked up the awesome ride two days ago, he gave me back the check. It was still sitting in my file, never cashed. I of course then had to pay him for the car (with a bank loan draft).

BTW, the FFH is the best car I have ever owned, and a real head turner.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Congrats frankieboy! I just picked mine up too . I'm getting great gas mileage so far. On a approx. 50 mile round trip to the airport the other night (mostly highway), I got about 43 MPG, and that was with the AC running on low. I love the way the car drives and the way it looks. The interior looks especially cool at night with the ambient lighting set. It's without a doubt the best car I've ever owned.

Regarding the deposit, I also put down $500 when I placed my order. When I came back to purchase and take delivery of the vehicle, the salesman gave back the check (it had never been cashed). To be honest, I don't think they would have cashed it even if I'd changed my mind, as the dealer could have easily sold it to someone else without the forethought to place an order.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sounds good to me. If the Nav has improved that much, kudos. I do think that Sync is interesting, but until the FFH comes in a hatchback configuration, I just can't see spending 27K. I won't even spend that on a Prius. Since my last posts, I have test-driven a FFH. Nice car, the handling and power were fine for me, the Sync was impressive, but I just can't see $31k for it.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG

I made a mistake and orderred a '09 FEH though Autonations and my broker and that is not a Ford issue. The '09 FEHL is perfomimg fantastic and so is the Navi. My lifetime MPG is over 48mpg in my SUV and getting better everyday. I'm working on a 54mpg tank now so how is your Prius doing?
GaryG
If the Nav is like the one in the FFH, I would have to agree about it being a vast improvement over what I have seen before. As far as my Prius, I am still averaging ~42mpg. I can, and have, done better, but I prefer to drive it like a regular car, instead of trying to eek out every drip. I know that if I had a longer commute to work, say 30 minutes or longer, it would probably go up a few mpg.