Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Default Re: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Originally Posted by Ormond
I walked from the dealer that wanted over MSRP, and found another dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) that was discounting by about $600 off the only unit in stock. I didn't ask about X-plan. They also don't charge any dealer fees. My salesman was Chris Brown at 386-428-9094. Mullinax has several Ford dealerships in Florida.

I have navigation, and enjoy using it and all the electronic features of the car. However, I am pretty sure that the base car includes Sync. The configurable instruments are standard. Good luck in your hunt!
Mullinax also has a dealership in Lake Park near me in Jupiter. Great dealership and I found out the hard way that I should have brought my '09 FEH from them. I've recommended Mullinax since that time and they've treated the customer great every time. The Service and Parts Department give me first class service and discounts to boot.

GaryG

Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Enthusiast

So, the dealer that my Dad loves is offering to order a FFH fully loaded with all the discounts, no shipping fees, no dealer fees for around 29,000 - did anyone get a better deal? Without the Navigation Package it would be around 25,000.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Sounds like your dad gets X-Plan - that is about as good as it gets.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rupert B. Puppenstein
So, the dealer that my Dad loves is offering to order a FFH fully loaded with all the discounts, no shipping fees, no dealer fees for around 29,000 - did anyone get a better deal? Without the Navigation Package it would be around 25,000.
That is a great deal and I highly recommend the Navi.

GaryG

Old 04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
That is a great deal and I highly recommend the Navi.

GaryG
Really? It must be quite good then, as I haven't seen a built-in Nav that can keep up with my Tom-Tom in the last five years or so. Just my opinion, but I would drop the Nav and buy a Tom-Tom or similar unit and save at least $1200. As far as the dealerships that were trying to play games with you, send a nice letter to Ford about how they almost lost your business due to their games if you decide to go with the FFH.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by agamotto
Really? It must be quite good then, as I haven't seen a built-in Nav that can keep up with my Tom-Tom in the last five years or so. Just my opinion, but I would drop the Nav and buy a Tom-Tom or similar unit and save at least $1200. As far as the dealerships that were trying to play games with you, send a nice letter to Ford about how they almost lost your business due to their games if you decide to go with the FFH.
The first generation Nav sys in the '05 - '08 FEH was mainly a hybrid operational system and a fair navi. From that system, I learned and hold the record mileage now in the FEH. My '09 FEH Navi is second to the FFH Navi and does more than anything on the planet except the new FFH.

I made a mistake and orderred a '09 FEH though Autonations and my broker and that is not a Ford issue. The '09 FEHL is perfomimg fantastic and so is the Navi. My lifetime MPG is over 48mpg in my SUV and getting better everyday. I'm working on a 54mpg tank now so how is your Prius doing?

GaryG

Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

I really contemplated going to that overcharging dealer and talking to the guy that was so incredibly rude to us...and telling him how we can't Thank him enough for being so rude to us...because we found another dealer that will give us a fair price and actually let us test drive a car. We loved it so much that we are going to get not one but two FFH and they lost out. (Insert Evil Laugh) I honestly think that they were so rude to us because we look pretty young and how could young kids afford the FFH? Still, not a good situation, but still a lost sale. My Fiancee is kind of interested in the FFH because of the Sync feature. You gotta admit it is so awesome!! The only thing that is making him reconsider is that it is well...A Ford. Same with me. I love my Honda Civic, he loves his Honda Accord and I love my service advisor with Honda. Great service can be hard to find. Apparently great salesman are too. Regardless, Ford will be getting a letter from me and possibly with a picture of a Honda.

Thank you all for your tips and information. I can't thank you enough. Since the order wait is eight weeks, I have some time. If I buy the car 59 days before my birthday, I don't have to pay the Ad Valorem tax. Another way to save money in Georgia and a bit more time to weigh the options.

Decisions...Decisions...

Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Really? It must be quite good then, as I haven't seen a built-in Nav that can keep up with my Tom-Tom in the last five years or so.
The new navigation software (updated between mid 2008 and early 2009) is much better. More importantly, I believe the navigation package is required in order to get the touch screen interface for Sync.

Full disclosure, I'm from Dearborn originally and my step-father is a current Ford employee. I've seen this system mature over the years and although I didn't get it for our '08 FEH, I will be getting it in our next vehicle.

Oh, and dealers up here are much easier to work with in my opinion. X-plan? We all have A/Z-plan and it makes the dealerships focus on post-sale support.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
cue
Enthusiast

I had nothing but problems with the Atlanta area Ford dealers I went to (and I went to quite a few). It would have been the easiest sale in the world, but of the ones I visited or called, they all gave me the run around, followed up by the "you're lucky we're willing to sell it to you for MSRP" speech.

To be fair to the guy who suggested the Bleakley dealership, by the time I got around to them, I was pretty burnt out. I spent many hours calling and visiting these dealerships on weekends and after work. The crazy thing is, the places were never busy. If any good comes out of the auto industry's current problems, I hope it includes a shakeout of some of these craptastic middlemen.

Anyway, I went out of Atlanta but stayed in state to get an FFH ordered.

Last edited by cue; 04-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Shoulda checked with Bleakley - Family owned store with long term sales personnel - not like some of the mega-multi franchise, turn-and-burn mills that are here today and gone tomorrow.

BTW, the Atlanta market is not a high penetration hybrid market (yet) so after June 30, it may take a lot longer to get an FFH or MMH. Most of the allocation will go to the coasts and selected markets - plus Ford will have to catch up on the fleet orders. 8 week waits could turn into 6 month waits.

Quick Reply: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands