to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

hello everybody, i have at last find the problem of my ford escape hybrid 2005, which is the ventilation system of the HV battery, so can anyone provide me with the battery pack drawing to be able to uncover the battery and check its fans

and how many fans it has ??

i cant hear the fans working, please tell me is u can hear the fans clearly or not ???

and if i put the switch to unlock and take off the switch it self , is it safe to work with the battery ??

when i uncover the battery does it need any advanced programming or its just fix the cover and thats it ??

i know im asking alot of questions but i really need help from Mr. gray and the other professional people here in this forum,

and thanks in advance

Old 04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

I have nothing on the FEH battery fan system. Hopefully someone that has done the "repair" can chime in here.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

i hope so man

Old 04-24-2010, 01:16 PM

The guy you were getting assistance from is Gary, not Mr. Gray.

Regarding opening the battery pack to check the fans:

Originally Posted by GaryG
The battery housing is not something you should take apart for repair according to the repair manuals...

GaryG

Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Name:  fordinternalbatteryheater-1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  138.5 KB

Name:  fordescapehybridbatteryopened.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  58.4 KB

This is what your FEH battery pack looks like. My understanding is the FORD technicians are required to wear protective gloves rated to 1000 Volts. There is 330V inside this battery pack and it can KILL YOU if you open it up and don't know what you are doing. If you have a bad battery pack, you can get a new one or similiar to replace what you have.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colchiro
The guy you were getting assistance from is Gary, not Mr. Gray.

Regarding opening the battery pack to check the fans:
Im sorry to u and to Mr. Gary,

about the battery, im sure its dangerous 300v is not a toy, but if we checked the fans at the far side of the battery and we take care of handling with the battery cells, and the mechanic is a professional guy but no experience in Hybrid cars, is there any possibility of damaging the battery ???

and the fans inside the battery, isnt there any possibility to be hanged or not working good and need a little maintenance ??

ive tried yesterday to hear the voice of the fans, and i didnt hear anything !! is that usual ?? plus that the battery temperature is 44c and not getting down and not using the EV !!!

dont u think the diagnostic is to be the battery cooling fans not working well ??

ive checked the AC, the fuses, the relays and the coolant pump, and all are ok ??

so please, is there anybody have any idea to me ?? i really need help from u all guys ###

Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

can anyone help please ??

Old 04-25-2010, 05:10 PM

The problem is, not many of us have had a battery fan failure, let alone opened our own battery pack to fix it. It's not recommended to open it up so I doubt any of us have done it.

Gary knows a lot about this because he reads a lot. Last I heard he said he wasn't able to help you much more, probably running out of things to check.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Red face Re: to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

Even the Ford dealers with the most F E Hybrid experience have not serviced items inside the HV Battery. In the first several years of the FEH, if something inside the battery went bad (very very rare), they would change them out completely. The battery is well sealed and there is a filter for the incoming air to the fans.......therefore, it is highly unlikely that there is something simple that can be done to "fix" an internal fan. Only recently has it been reported that Ford Dealers are opening and servicing HVBattery components. (I do not remember if the harness recall work required the HVBattery to be opened) Is there something that may have happened to your FEH (an accident?) that may have broken the internal fans?

I suspect that neither Ford (nor Sanyo) even sell replacement internal fans or fan parts. In the US, the HVBattery is covered by an extended portion of the warranty - 8yrs and 100,000 miles (minimum).

Sorry to be so negative. This discussion may help you understand why there is very little help that others have to offer.

I have heard there is a small quantity of the HV Battery - for resale in the US - as they have found to be in good condition after being taken from FEHs that were bad accidents.

Good luck.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The fans do not run, or run very slowly when the car is not moving!
It is this way on purpose so you or back seat passengers do not hear the fans! The fans are variable speed and speed up as needed, when the vehicle speed increases.

It is very UNlikely the fans are not working.
It is very possible the A/C cooling system is not working, and/or the air door for the battery is not working.

HTH,
-John

Quick Reply: to Mr. gray and the professional people here please help

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands