2006 FEH Sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Happy Owners
Default 2006 FEH Sales

I've seen the same FEH sitting in the local (Southeastern PA) dealer's lot for a couple of weeks now. Anyone have information on how well they're selling? I'm concerned that the market has cooled for them with the drop in gas prices. When I bought mine over a year ago it was a struggle just to find them, and when they came in to the dealer, they were gone in less than three days.

It's such an great vehicle, it would be discouraging to see the public lose interest, especially with the advertising Ford (and Toyota) are doing for their hybrid SUV's.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH Sales

just wait until the Iran Nuclear issue heats up. Expect Iran to reduce production of oil in response to UN sanctions. Gas prices in the US will go up 1 or 2 dollars per gallon. Hybrids will be envogue once again.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

When I was looking to buy at the end of 2005, there were a good number of 05's and '06's on the lots around San Francisco/San Jose area's. The 2005's had some incentives and I watched ~20 vehicles sell off in 2-3 days. Since I was waiting for January 1st and the big tax credit, I was a little disappointed that I would miss out on the '05 incentivized vehicles but still happy that more than 40 '06's were on the lots. I was still worried that come January 1st they would all be sold. That didn't seem to be the case though and I did pull the trigger with little competitition. I have been pleased to see several FEH's in the town I live in that are recent purchases so I am encouraged that sales will keep moving. Honestly, even though I was reluctant at first to go the Hybrid route, I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle. I have already found myself singing its praises to the guys at the office. The more people who talk them up and have the ongoing exceptional experiences, the more vehicles Ford will be able to sell. I was truly a Hybrid critic and with a little push from my wife and the tax credit, I was swayed and I am extactic about it. As those gas prices keep going up more and more will take the jump. The only thing that might slow the transition would be greedy dealerships jacking-up the prices...Toyota was really doing it on the Highlander Hybrid's...They were over $10k for similarly equipped models. I can't see spending another $10k for a V6. I'm rambling now.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Lanny125
The only thing that might slow the transition would be greedy dealerships jacking-up the prices...Toyota was really doing it on the Highlander Hybrid's...They were over $10k for similarly equipped models. I can't see spending another $10k for a V6. I'm rambling now.
Remember the base vehicle prices between a FEH and a HiHy are pretty big, it may not be dealer mark-ups, just a (Major) initial price difference, or did you mean beyond that?

Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

Remember the base vehicle prices between a FEH and a HiHy are pretty big, it may not be dealer mark-ups, just a (Major) initial price difference, or did you mean beyond that?

This is true, but what I found was that the Toyota dealerships were selling the vehicles at MSRP or higher and were not willing to deal at all on the HiHy. One guy told me if I wanted a better price to just get the gas only vehicle and save myself the aggrevation. They also had very few FWD vehicles as compared to 4WD.