Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   What is the dumbest part of the TCH? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/what-dumbest-part-tch-18954/)

haroldo 07-08-2008 04:42 AM

Re: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Toyota has factory fogs on other parts of the Camry line - SE for example, and they're 'standard' on the XLE. It's just that they're not available on the TCH.
I stand corrected...not my first mistake, wont be my last!

haroldo 07-08-2008 05:04 AM

Wow...it seems that >8% of members actually like where the ECO button is located.

Nothing, I think my TCH is perfect! 2 votes 8.70%

rmorrow 07-08-2008 06:26 AM

I'm one of the 8.70%. I voted that way because although I agree with and largely sympathize with many of the complaints people have made, I still feel that this car is dramatically better than any other car I've ever owned. The pluses so far outweight the minuses, that I can't make myself actually complain.

OK, I lied. The one thing I have to complain about is specific to the Canadian TCH (so it's not really a TCH complaint): The NAV system on the Canadian 2007 model year did not come with the Hybrid-specific screens. I think that's a major ripoff - especially since the dealer did not disclose that up front, and all of the literature showed those hybrid energy screens.

tegster 07-08-2008 06:45 AM

Have to agree with jmonti on the MPG gauge. it is simply unusable to calculate trip mileage.

coolshock1 07-08-2008 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 179770)
Wow...it seems that >8% of members actually like where the ECO button is located.

I think the button location is fine. I think I have had to push it 2 times in 130 days of ownership. It's kind of like a Ron Popeil device....set it and forget it!

Honestly I don't have any complaints about the vehicle except that I am addicted to driving it.

haroldo 07-08-2008 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by coolshock1 (Post 179800)
I think the button location is fine. I think I have had to push it 2 times in 130 days of ownership. It's kind of like a Ron Popeil device....set it and forget it!...

I don't remember the specific instances, but, the ECO function is cancelled if the temperature is manually set too high (or low) or some other function.

coolshock1 07-08-2008 08:46 AM

Yep I believe it changes when certain manual changes are made such as changing it to blow out of certain vents like the windshield vents when you defrost\defog the windshield. I have only done this once. I usually just use the auto setting and adjust the temp to adjust the fan speed.

tbone526 07-08-2008 09:23 AM

I do wonder about the placement of the ECO button. I can understand tucking the fuel door button down low like that, but there's a perfectly good open space about 6 inches higher (over the mirror controls if I recall correctly) where the ECO button could have fit nicely.

While they're at it, an EV button would work pretty well there too!

haroldo 07-08-2008 09:33 AM

I'm not a car designer, but wouldn't it make sense to have the ECO button be constructed as part of the HVAC controls...or am I an idiot?

tbone526 07-08-2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 179812)
I'm not a car designer, but wouldn't it make sense to have the ECO button be constructed as part of the HVAC controls...or am I an idiot?

I'm not a car designer either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Actually, I would guess the issue there is they probably use the same HVAC controls for ALL Camry's. Then they just add the ECO button separately to the hybrid versions.