Walking away with the FOB

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Walking away with the FOB

Figured. . once again. . another lying dealership!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My wife likes to sometimes leave her purse in the car. Well I can't lock it in the car with her fob in there the car will just beep at me and not lock. But if I use my fob as a remote and press the lock button it will lock. It also deactivates the smart key system so no one can come up to your car and get in. I must unlock using the button on my fob.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
My wife likes to sometimes leave her purse in the car. Well I can't lock it in the car with her fob in there the car will just beep at me and not lock. But if I use my fob as a remote and press the lock button it will lock. It also deactivates the smart key system so no one can come up to your car and get in. I must unlock using the button on my fob.
What about the trunk though? Can you get into the trunk if her purse is in there after you lock it?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That is a good question, but I think the answer is that if a fob is in the trunk it will allow you to still open the truck as locking the car doors has nothing to do with the trunk.