Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Insight (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/)
-   -   Does anyone know about how many Insights made? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-insight-11/does-anyone-know-about-how-many-insights-made-8191/)

TheGreenMachine 06-25-2006 09:45 PM

Does anyone know about how many Insights made?

Does anyone know about how many Insights made? :shade:

stevenvillatoro 06-25-2006 10:09 PM

Re: Does anyone know about how many Insights made?

Here is a partial answer to your question, from insightcentral.net:

http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/sales.html

Delta Flyer 06-26-2006 04:57 AM

I think the answer was in one of those articles it was to be discontinued and it was around 13,500.

merigayle 06-28-2006 10:04 AM

That number seems really high, no? didn't they make 550 approx last year world wide? And only in production since 1999? I wonder what it is US vs rest of the world.

spacebug 06-28-2006 12:58 PM

The 13k number seems to be widely quoted in most recent articles. The 550 was the number sold in the four months leading up to the announcement to discontinue production. On a side note, I am psyched that DCX is finally bringing the SMART to America. It'll probably fit in my garage right behind the Insight!!!

MikeT 07-01-2006 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by spacebug
I am psyched that DCX is finally bringing the SMART to America. It'll probably fit in my garage right behind the Insight!!!

Right on!

The new smart will probably be 20 cm longer than the present one (which is 250 cm long), but I park my smart fortwo cdi cabriolet in my garage right behind my 450 cm long 1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection, with about 25-30 cm to spare on either end. The 404 is up against the end wall.

A standard garage depth is 25 feet (7.6 metres), so take the length of the smart and the Insight and I'm sure you could do it!

The smart is a great car, worth the wait!

Cheers

MikeT 07-01-2006 09:48 PM

I just checked my Insight brochure, and it is 394 cm long. Add to that the 270 cm of the new smart (estimated length at this point), that gives us 96 cm to play with: say 30 cm in front of the Insight, 30 cm between the Insight and the smart, and another 30 cm between the smart and the garage door. 6 cm to spare in case the new smart is slightly longer than estimated. Perfect!

Delta Flyer 07-02-2006 08:19 AM

Actual Size

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MikeT
I just checked my Insight brochure, and it is 394 cm long. Add to that the 270 cm of the new smart (estimated length at this point), that gives us 96 cm to play with: say 30 cm in front of the Insight, 30 cm between the Insight and the smart, and another 30 cm between the smart and the garage door. 6 cm to spare in case the new smart is slightly longer than estimated. Perfect!

Attachment 3732
Front bumper to front bumper