Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Accord Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/)
-   -   That sure is a quiet car. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-accord-hybrid-27/sure-quiet-car-4465/)

roblyman 11-07-2005 08:34 AM

That sure is a quiet car.

This isn't a big deal, but I got a kick out of it anyway:

Last week I was approaching the flight line gate at the nearby military base. I had to stop to show my flightline badge before proceeding. The car autostopped as the security guard came around to my side of the car. There were several FEMA people also standing around as I pulled up. After the guard waved me on I heared one of the FEMA guys say to another, "That sure is a quite car."

I know, it's no big deal, but it gave me a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the night.

bar10dah 11-07-2005 10:47 AM

Re: That sure is a quiet car.

:)

rigger 11-12-2005 08:17 AM

I used to have a blast a few years ago in my HCH when hybrids weren't so "mainstream" as they are now. That was when I had markings on the car to identify it as a hybrid because it just blended in too much. The guards would always have questions about how it worked etc. Driving in late at night when there was no traffic, no noise etc they were just amazed. :)

tigerhonaker 11-12-2005 02:53 PM

Quite is Good: :)

Terry

nimhbug 11-12-2005 05:17 PM

i had my first experience sneaking up on people a few nights ago. i was driving thru my neighborhood a few blocks from home, and didn't have my headlights on (just before sunset). some teenage kids were riding bikes down the middle of the street and just happened to see me coming when one of them looped in a circle. they split to both sides of the road rather quickly ;)

rigger 11-12-2005 05:25 PM

A couple days after I got my car there were two ladies walking their dogs down the middle of the street when I snuck up behind them and crept along for about a minute or two before they turned around and noticed me there. You should of seen them jump. The dogs never even heard me creeping along behind them. As I went by one of them said "Wow, that's a quiet car!". My little HCH isn't so quiet anymore. :( 38,000 miles will do that to it I suppose.

peggy 11-12-2005 08:13 PM

Last summer when I first got mine my husband was standing in the driveway when I drove up. After I got out of the car he goes "Was your car even running?" LOL.. I had to laugh and say "I guess so, I made it up the driveway!" To this day the cats are the only ones that hear my car drive up..

savvyshopper111 11-13-2005 08:47 AM

I love the quietness of my HAH. I must say though, it has happened twice where I have already started the car and then I fumble around for something before I pull away and I think "Shoot did I already start it?". Hahaha. Almost too quiet. But I love it and every time I drive another one of our cars it seems extra noisy.

tigerhonaker 11-13-2005 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by rigger
A couple days after I got my car there were two ladies walking their dogs down the middle of the street when I snuck up behind them and crept along for about a minute or two before they turned around and noticed me there. You should of seen them jump. The dogs never even heard me creeping along behind them. As I went by one of them said "Wow, that's a quiet car!". My little HCH isn't so quiet anymore. :( 38,000 miles will do that to it I suppose.

Hey rigger; you could trade it in on the 06 HCH and it will sneek up on someone because it has the ability to drive at slow speeds on the (IMA) with the "ICE" off. ;)

Have you read the Thread? Surprised at what our cars are worth? on the Hybrid Civic Forum. Well think about it!!!!:zip:

Now would be the time to act.

Terry