Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   High Mileage Vehicles (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/)
-   -   2011 Ford Fiesta Preview article (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/high-mileage-vehicles-75/2011-ford-fiesta-preview-article-22959/)

GreenHybrid Editors 10-14-2009 01:43 PM

2011 Ford Fiesta Preview article

Hey guys,

The point is fuel-efficiency, right? Whether it's a Prius or a Fiesta, the job is getting done. The latter is much more modest, and the price reflects it; it also runs only on fuel.

What are your feelings on an efficient non-hybrid? Are you driving a hybrid for its environmental impact alone? It is sometimes hard to argue the value of saving money on gasoline when the Prius costs so much more than a Fiesta. Is there an "image" attached to even eco-conscious vehicles? Is the Fiesta unappealing simply because it isn't "cool"? Would you consider getting one?

Check out all the articles on the homepage, including the one on the upcoming Fiesta!

There are an alarming number of threads on Ford's involvement in the hybrid and fuel-efficient automobile market. Check them out!

Red 10-15-2009 07:27 AM

Re: 2011 Ford Fiesta Preview article

I got to inspect/drive the 2011 Fiesta at the Ford Regional Office North of Atlanta on Tuesday. What a great vehicle. Roomy enough for 4 adults and tons of fun to drive, especially with a manual transmission. Way Cool.

Frodo 10-24-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by GreenHybrid Editors (Post 212502)
Hey guys,

The point is fuel-efficiency, right? Whether it's a Prius or a Fiesta, the job is getting done. The latter is much more modest, and the price reflects it; it also runs only on fuel.

What are your feelings on an efficient non-hybrid? Are you driving a hybrid for its environmental impact alone? It is sometimes hard to argue the value of saving money on gasoline when the Prius costs so much more than a Fiesta. Is there an "image" attached to even eco-conscious vehicles? Is the Fiesta unappealing simply because it isn't "cool"? Would you consider getting one?

Check out all the articles on the homepage, including the one on the upcoming Fiesta!

There are an alarming number of threads on Ford's involvement in the hybrid and fuel-efficient automobile market. Check them out!

It's not about JUST FE - if it were, a 50cc motorbike would suffice, or for that matter a 500CC twin in a 2-seat roller-skate on wheels.

Schlepping more than 2 people in anything resembling comfort wastes lots of fuel with a conventional drivetrain. Cars like the Fiesta are not as much of a rolling penalty box as small cars 'back in the day', but it's still relatively noisy and rough-riding. With today's technology, a hybrid power train is the most effective way of having a reasonable combination of room, performance and FE.

HybridGuru 11-11-2009 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 213057)
With today's technology, a hybrid power train is the most effective way of having a reasonable combination of room, performance and FE.

True, I totally agree with you..

Regards,
H Gro..

WScottCross 10-27-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 213057)
Cars like the Fiesta are not as much of a rolling penalty box as small cars 'back in the day', but it's still relatively noisy and rough-riding.

I just purchased a Fiesta a week ago and traded in my 06 FEH for it. Ihave to completely disagree with Frodo's assessment of ride and noise in the Fiesta. I'm getting 40MPG and it's a BLAST to drive. It's SO much quieter and even smoother than the FEH with the tires at 40PSI. Obviously, it has lees room than the FEH, but it's better suited to my long commute anyway. I have ZERO regrets on the trade! Ford is definitely doing great things lately.

johnaustin008 10-28-2010 11:30 PM

Ya you are absolutely rite that fiesta has got great mileage and also its not much noisy the only problem with fiesta is the leg room space..

WScottCross 11-17-2010 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by johnaustin008 (Post 228847)
Ya you are absolutely rite that fiesta has got great mileage and also its not much noisy the only problem with fiesta is the leg room space..

I'm 6' tall and I find the front leg room fine so I assume you are talking about the rear seat leg room? If so, I do agree that is pretty slim and not fit for adults unless the driver and front passenger are shorter than me. :)

aaron12 11-30-2011 03:42 AM

The Fiesta looks great and is a blast to drive. The Fiesta comes in a sedan or hatchback and has nine bold and unique exterior color choices, such as Lime Squeeze, Bright Magenta Metallic and Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat.