Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Husky Cargo Liner Question (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/husky-cargo-liner-question-12394/)

econoline 02-21-2007 10:11 PM

Husky Cargo Liner Question

I just got a Rubbertite cargo liner for the FEH. I didn't get the Husky cargo liner because it appears to have a rather tall lip around the edge, which would require me to remove the liner if sleeping in the back with the rear seat folded down.

The Rubbertite is completely flat, no lip, but it's very heavy (10+ lbs) and isn't a perfect fit. Looks like it was roughly cut from a larger piece of material. And I'm not looking to add unnecessary weight.

So I'm debating exchanging the Rubbertite for a Husky cargo liner but still unsure if that tall lip is a real obstacle to a flat floor when you fold down the rear seats. Any comments from someone with the Husky? I do have Husky floor liners and love them.

Raven 02-22-2007 09:32 PM

Re: Husky Cargo Liner Question

I have the huskey... great when something spills... the high lip is worth it to me. I have slept on it. not a problem, it bends down and I put a thermarest down.

braced 02-23-2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 113055)
I have the huskey... great when something spills... the high lip is worth it to me. I have slept on it. not a problem, it bends down and I put a thermarest down.

Can you provide a link? I have searched several websites for a decent cargo liner and all exclude the hybrid model. Thanks

GeekGal 02-23-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by econoline (Post 112880)
I just got a Rubbertite cargo liner for the FEH. I didn't get the Husky cargo liner because it appears to have a rather tall lip around the edge, which would require me to remove the liner if sleeping in the back with the rear seat folded down.

The Rubbertite is completely flat, no lip, but it's very heavy (10+ lbs) and isn't a perfect fit. Looks like it was roughly cut from a larger piece of material. And I'm not looking to add unnecessary weight.

So I'm debating exchanging the Rubbertite for a Husky cargo liner but still unsure if that tall lip is a real obstacle to a flat floor when you fold down the rear seats. Any comments from someone with the Husky? I do have Husky floor liners and love them.

The Husky cargo liner's lip folks down when needed under pressure and will pop back into its premolded shape fairly quickly after use. I've carried heavy boxes (unassembled baby crib, chest of drawers, etc.) in my Escape, and the size of the items requires laying them down such that one or both of the Husky liners lips are pressed flat during trasport. They pop right back up and ready for action when the items are remove (thereby not losing the dirt and liquid containing properties some of us also bought our Husky liners for.)

Zero issues. I can easily see putting a Thermarest sleeping bad back there, smushing donw the Husky liner's lip temporarily, and having no issues/uncomfortable bumps.

I bought my Husky liners (front, rear and cargo liner) from AutoAnything. They include the hybrid specific.... check the dropdowns/options.

Raven 02-23-2007 07:37 PM

Try This link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...QQcmdZViewItem

braced 02-23-2007 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 113257)

Thank you, that's the one!

GeekGal 02-23-2007 09:25 PM

Cheaper at AutoAnything, like I recommended. Guess you like paying $10 shipping?

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-li...A1467A0A0.aspx
AutoAnything.com price: $79.95
FREE SHIPPING
Available in Black, Gray & Tan; be sure to select the dropdown that says "Fits Hybrid sub-model".

Done.

I ordered all my mats there. Arrived well packaged and promptly.

braced 02-23-2007 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal (Post 113269)
Cheaper at AutoAnything, like I recommended. Guess you like paying $10 shipping?

Guess so! I like paypal and the link. Thanks for pointing out my weekness for overspending! :angry:

econoline 02-23-2007 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal (Post 113254)
The Husky cargo liner's lip folks down when needed under pressure and will pop back into its premolded shape fairly quickly after use. I've carried heavy boxes (unassembled baby crib, chest of drawers, etc.) in my Escape, and the size of the items requires laying them down such that one or both of the Husky liners lips are pressed flat during trasport. They pop right back up and ready for action when the items are remove (thereby not losing the dirt and liquid containing properties some of us also bought our Husky liners for.)

Zero issues. I can easily see putting a Thermarest sleeping bad back there, smushing donw the Husky liner's lip temporarily, and having no issues/uncomfortable bumps.

I bought my Husky liners (front, rear and cargo liner) from AutoAnything. They include the hybrid specific.... check the dropdowns/options.

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to get the Husky cargo liner, sounds like it will work just fine. I already have the Husky front/rear mats. Got everything from autoanything.com with the EXCLUSIVE10 discount.

CANiHaveGasCash 02-27-2007 03:31 PM

How well do the colors match up? I have the dark grey interior and I'm not sure if a black or a grey liner would look better