Disable Auto Lock Feature?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Disable Auto Lock Feature?

Originally Posted by MAB
I have mine set to unlock at key-out, as I don't want it to unlock just because I put it in park. I may very well stop beside the road somewhere to check something, make a phone call or whatever, and if I'm in a questionable neighborhood, I don't want the doors unlocking just because I go to park. Although, that is an option on the Avalanche if you so desire.
I think the way the auto unlock works on the '08 models, is that opening the driver's door is part of the initiate sequence (not just "park").

Does someone with an '08 confirm that?

Old 07-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by MAB
as I don't want it to unlock just because I put it in park. I may very well stop beside the road somewhere to check something, make a phone call or whatever, and if I'm in a questionable neighborhood, I don't want the doors unlocking just because I go to park. .

That's why I like my system the best, it locks when I push the door lock button & then stays locked until I push it again.

It never locks or unlocks by itself & that is just perfect IMHO........

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who doesn't have enough common sense to control their door locks manually probably shouldn't be driving at all......

~John

Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by wheeler
Clif, first thought... this messed me up the first time I tried and it didn't work. When the instructions say Position 3 with the ignition key, do not start the car, just turn the key to run before engaging the starter. Is that how you're doing it?

I wager you are doing some step a little differently. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you my cell phone number. We'll sit in the cars simultaneously and walk thru the step and I bet you breakfast it will work.

Cheers from wheeler
So I owe you breakfast (even though I didn't take the bet), all bow to the Wheel.....
I feel like a caveman ug wheel, good.....

Clif

Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

wheeler says: Yippee! Glad it worked, Clif. Let's see, since you owe me breakfast, I like pancakes, I like bacon... actually we both owe breakfast to Walt. What do you like, Walt? Cheers from (appreciative) wheeler

Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by wheeler
wheeler says: Yippee! Glad it worked, Clif. Let's see, since you owe me breakfast, I like pancakes, I like bacon... actually we both owe breakfast to Walt. What do you like, Walt? Cheers from (appreciative) wheeler
What he said, Thanks Walt and thanks again Chris.
Clif

Old 10-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Disable Auto Lock Feature?

Couldnt get it to work on my 05, might it not have that option?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by j762538
Is it in your owner's manual?

Old 10-04-2007, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by j762538
The 05 FEH I used to own definitely had it.

~John

Old 10-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Enthusiast

It is in the owners manual (if equipped) with the same instructions. I did find a post on Escape Central of a guy making a circuit to activate this feature so it may not be in all vehicles.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 AM

I would be surprised if the 05 didn't have it, my newer 06 FEH has every single option ever offered but my 05 was just the opposite. My 05 was a basic FEH with no options whatever & it still had that "feature" (I disabled it IMMEDIATELY after buying it)

~John

Quick Reply: Disable Auto Lock Feature?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands